Goodix GT911 - no /dev/input

Hi folks,

I have problems driving a spi screen with i2c touch gt911.

I was able to get it working on a raspberry pi. I am familiar with device trees, kernel config,compiling kernels, c/c++ etc.

I am working now on a NXP LX2160A headless platform. Using NXP Kernel git tag LSDK-21.08 (also tested lf-6.1.1-1.0.0).

Kernel is configured with "make defconfig lsdk.config" and menuconfig evdev and goodix touch screen support (and st7789v). Device tree is configured.

OS is bootstrapped debian stable, maybe something is missing here ...

dmesg shows that touch is found and registered under /platform/device something ...

The console is shown on the display. I know that did not mean anything.

But there is no /dev/input directory.

I double checked everything again. Only thing I am not 100% sure about at the moment is if the IRQ pin configured is the right one.

Could this lead to a not under /dev/input registered device ?

Maybe an udev rule is missing (missing debian packet)  ? Or do I need to create /dev/input with mknod manually ?

Everything else on I2C / SPI is working as expected.

Any  ideas ?

Thanks

Niels