Re: atkbd input regression

On Mon, 7 Aug 2023 at 10:53, Linux regression tracking (Thorsten
Leemhuis) <regressions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [CCing the regression list, as it should be in the loop for regressions:
> https://docs.kernel.org/admin-guide/reporting-regressions.html]
>
> Hi, Thorsten here, the Linux kernel's regression tracker.
>
> On 07.08.23 07:19, José Ramón Muñoz Pekkarinen wrote:
> >     Sorry again, now in plaintext mode.
> >
> >     Hi,
> >
> >     I'd like to seek help or advise in a possible
> > regression that I detected on my system(a
> > Thinkpad L14 Gen 1) that concerns the atkbd
> > module. My OS is a gentoo, with self built
> > kernels, and a plasma desktop environment
> > using wayland. Up to the kernel 5.16.x my
> > builtin keyboard worked(and works still)
> > fine both in tty and the plasma session, but
> > from that kernel on, the keyboard works only
> > in tty, and no longer in the plasma session.
>
> Could you try bisecting this? A few howtos on the net describe what to
> do. Be sure to use the configuration for your working 5.16 kernel for
> any builds of newer versions (ideally put it <somewhere> and run "cp
> <somewhere> .config; make oldconfig" every time before building a newer
> kernel.

    I'm afraid I run into unexpected results, since rebuilding the
same version of the kernel that works resulted in a non working
keyboard for my kernel 5.16 also, and I needed to recover the
former build from some backup. This make me think the problem
could be somewhere else.

    Thanks!

    José