Need information to implement correct handling of the GSP 370 wireless headset

Hi,

The EPOS GSP 370 wireless headset has a volume control knob on the headset. Turning this has 2 effects on Linux:

- The volume gets adjusted in firmware

- A volume up/down key event is sent to the OS and the volume is adjustet on the OS level (the dongle registers both as a audio device and an usb keyboard to do this)

This double volume adjust is ofc not the intended behavior and induces all kinds of wiredness, like the os is already displaying 100% volume but you can still turn it higher because the firmware has not yet reached max volume.

Running Wireshark on Windows and Linux I recognized that Windows is sending "URB_CONTROL out" events to the dongle on volume adjust, which Linux doesn't, these events have a paylode that seems to encode a volume value in 2 byte with little endianess.

I'm unsure if I can attach pcap file or if it will get blocked in the list so i will send them as a reply.

So my 2 questions are:

- What are these USB "URB_CONTROL out" events? (Does not seem to be HID reports?)

- In which subsystem would I want to implement them? Or should this be handled in userspace?

Bast regards,

Werner