Re: amd_sfh driver causes kernel oops during boot

[TLDR: This mail in primarily relevant for Linux kernel regression
tracking. See link in footer if these mails annoy you.]

On 23.05.23 19:27, Haochen Tong wrote:

> Since kernel 6.3.0 (and also 6.4rc3), on a ThinkPad Z13 system with Arch
> Linux, I've noticed that the amd_sfh driver spews a lot of stack traces
> during boot. Sometimes it is an oops:

For the record:

#regzbot resolve: fixed in newer firmware and mainline post-6.4;
backport not planned, as bug unlikely to repeat, but possible when needed
#regzbot ignore-activity

For details see Mario's explanation here (thx for it, btw):
https://lore.kernel.org/all/89ea9fb7-9026-ccb6-ad88-50e1c28b4474@xxxxxxx/

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
That page also explains what to do if mails like this annoy you.