Re: amd_sfh driver causes kernel oops during boot

On 6/6/23 10:39, Bagas Sanjaya wrote:
On Wed, May 24, 2023 at 05:10:45PM +0700, Bagas Sanjaya wrote:
On Wed, May 24, 2023 at 02:10:31PM +0800, Haochen Tong wrote:
What last kernel version before this regression occurs? Do you mean
v6.2?

I was using 6.2.12 (Arch Linux distro kernel) before seeing this regression.

Can you perform bisection to find the culprit that introduces the
regression? Since you're on Arch Linux, see its wiki article [1] for
instructions.

Haochen, any news on this? Has the bisection been done and any result?
Another reporter had concluded possibly bad bisect [1].

Thanks.

[1]: https://lore.kernel.org/regressions/3250319.ancTxkQ2z5@zen/

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. I haven't gotten enough time for it yet.

I took a look at the git logs, and it doesn't look like the modules involved in the original stack trace (amd_sfh, hid_sensor_hub, hid_sensor_iio_common, hid_sensor_gyro_3d) has received any significant changes between v6.2 and v6.3. IMHO, the bisect done by Malte might indicate that the issue could be a problem outside of these modules.

Also, I've upgrade from 6.3.3 to 6.3.5 a week ago and this issue hasn't happened so far in 4 reboots. However, there still doesn't seem to be any changes regarding these modules, so I'm not sure if it's fixed elsewhere or I'm just being lucky. It would be nice if someone can confirm or disprove this.

Thanks,