RE:(2) (2) Request for reverting the commit for Samsung HID driver

On Wed, 30 Mar 2022, 조준완 wrote:

> As I said, AP manufacturers don't consider validation of patches. They
> just import linux patches into their Board Support Packages without
> consideration.

We as a Linux kernel community have no insight into the process/setup you
have with your AP vendors though.

> So, I can remove the condition that you made once I add Bluetooh
> accessories to Samsung driver in Linux Mainline?

Of course; the code then needs to be adjusted in a way that the USB
codepath and Bluetooth codepath handle the transport driver intrinsics
properly.
Which wasn't the case before Greg's commit -- a specially crafted device
could be bound by hid-samsung with non-HID transport, crashing the kernel
once it tried to perform USB operations on it.

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs