force Nacon Compact Controller from xpad to hid-sony

Hi,

I bought a Nacon (formally BigBen Interactive) Compact Controller for PC and PS4 [0x146b:0x0603]. All USB devices for the vendor BigBen are currently handled by xpad driver.

If plugged-in the usb interface descriptor looks like a Xbox360 controller nock off with an vendor specific device class. I assume to support Windows PCs without an additional driver. Neither the audio audio jack nor the touch pad work with xpad driver. If plugged-in with SHARE/OPTIONS button pressed the device is suddenly a DragonRise Inc. Updater [0x0079:0x1836] with a HID interface.

Bacause the device works fine with a PS4 I would like to force hid-sony to takeover the device. I removed the 0x146b from xpad driver. Added the device to hid-sony.c and hid-quirks.c device table. But the device is still not matched. Afaik because the device does not have a HID descriptor. Do I need to forge a fake descriptor? Has anybody done similar things and could point me to the correct bits missing.

Best Regards

Stephan