Re: Re: Add a second working PNP_ID for a T470s

Hi Dmitry,

thanks for your reply. In the following I just add the content of my first email to this list:
#####
In dmesg I found the following:
psmouse serio1: synaptics: Your touchpad (PNP: LEN007a PNP0f13) says it can support a different bus. If i2c-hid and hid-rmi are not used, you might want to try setting psmouse.synaptics_intertouch to 1 and report this to linux-input@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

After setting psmouse.synaptics_intertouch=1, touchpad and trackpoint still work fine. Also no problems with suspending my laptop.

The only problem is the following error meesage on shutdown:
rmi4_physical rmi4-00: Failed to read irqs, code=-6

/proc/bus/input/devices:
I: Bus=001d Vendor=06cb Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="Synaptics TM3145-006"
P: Phys=rmi4-00/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/rmi4-00/input/input26
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event18 mouse0
B: PROP=5
B: EV=b
B: KEY=e520 10000 0 0 0 0
B: ABS=6f3800001000003

I: Bus=0011 Vendor=0002 Product=000a Version=0000
N: Name="TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint"
P: Phys=rmi4-00.fn03/serio0/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/rmi4-00/rmi4-00.fn03/serio2/input/input27
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event19 mouse1
B: PROP=21
B: EV=7
B: KEY=70000 0 0 0 0
B: REL=3

Is there anything I can do, that the error messsage doesn't appear anymore? Should I not use RMI?
#####

As far as I can see, there is no issue running the touchpad with RMI4. The only difference to running it in PS/2 mode is the mentioned error message during shutdown. Is that error message only cosmetic, or a real issue? Can something be done to omit this error message?
Regarding the touchpad, is the above pasted information sufficient, or do you need anything else?

Thanks and best
Dennis