Re: i2c-hid regression in 5.4 (Linus' master)

Hi,

On 30-10-2019 16:21, Hans de Goede wrote:
Hi Jiri, Benjamin,

I just noticed that commit 67b18dfb8cfc ("HID: i2c-hid: Remove runtime power management")
was merged as a fix for 5.4 2 days ago.

I believe that this is a good idea in general as it should fix issues with
touchscreens / touchpads on various devices. But about a week ago I noticed a
regression caused by this. Specifically it causes SIS i2c-hid touchscreens to
stop working. These are used in various devices. I know of at least 4 models,
some of which are quite popular, which use SIS touchscreens:

Asus T100HA
Asus T200TA
Peaq 10.1" C1010 2-in-1
Toshiba Click Mini L9W-B

I submitted a patch fixing the regression as soon as I found it,

Hmm, I intended to put a patchwork link here, here it is:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11201123/

Regards,

Hans

there were some questions about this patch, which I did not answer
immediately (-EBUSY), as back then this was 5.5 material. Now that
this has been added to 5.4, I've prioritized this and I've answered
the questions. Assuming you are ok with the approach, we really
should get my patch added to 5.4, to avoid this change causing
regressions.

Regards,

Hans