What happened to ff-memless-next?

Hi.

I own a Logitech G29 driving wheel and have discovered that FFB effects are not implemented while on the G920 driving wheel they are working. If I've understood correctly this difference is related to the handling of FFB effects by the device. The former device needs the FFB commands that make an effect to be sent in realtime while the latter can be programmed. Is this right? Anyway, on other OSs these devices are considered feature equivalent and work pressumably the same.

I've been trying to track work on the Logitech driver to implement these effects: https://lwn.net/Articles/595619/

It seems Michal Malý put a lot of work into this already. I don't know what happened to these patches. Why didn't they never get integrated?

I'd like to know if there's something that can be done to make some progress. There's a group of enthusiasts that would like to see this implemented.

Thanks.

--
Bernat Arlandis