Goodix touchscreen pen support?

Hello everyone,

I've been testing a device with a Goodix 9110 touchscreen controller on Linux 4.18. After providing a suitable config file as firmware, the touchscreen works, but I would be interested in also adding active pen/stylus support.

AFAICT the Android driver does support a stylus as a second input device, but I haven't been able to find any datasheet that explains the registers properly (just rather cryptic one-line comments).

Does anyone have any pointers about the stylus support? I'd also be interested in details about the stylus hardware itself, e.g. does it use a fixed frequency?

Thanks and best regards, Florian
--
SENT FROM MY PDP-11