Re: J1939/CAN based input device

We built userspace tools for such devices. Those are much easier to configure, modify button maps for customer specific prints on the buttons and such.
Also, on the bus it is a status message, the input events are really event based.
The userspace program opens /dev/uinput for inserting input device events into the kernel.