Re: 4.18 regression: composite usb mouse/keyboard went mad

Maybe not a useful comments: but what does the udev see ?

In /dev/input/by-id/ you should have all the symbolic symbols of the input devices to their input sources. Did it changes between the 2 versions?

Also check if distro didn't banned some input device node creation at udev. I saw it at least once for my keybord so I don't know how frequent this is done in the wild.

Hoping that it reduces investigations a little.

Cheers