Re: Logitech G27 leds no more supported

On Sun, October 21, 2018 10:43 am, elrondo46@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> SOLVED that's due to this is compiled as modules:
> CONFIG_LEDS_SYSCON
> CONFIG_LEDS_SYSCON
>

> and not as YES option

I'm not seeing the connection between this being a module and breaking
(specifically) the Logitech driver. We're only checking
'CONFIG_LEDS_CLASS'.

Did you have 'CONFIG_LEDS_CLASS' compiled as a module as well?

I did a workaround for this in the SteelSeries driver...
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/drivers/hid/hid-steelseries.c?h=v4.19#n20
--
#if IS_BUILTIN(CONFIG_LEDS_CLASS) || \
    (IS_MODULE(CONFIG_LEDS_CLASS) && IS_MODULE(CONFIG_HID_STEELSERIES))

Cheers,
Simon

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/drivers/leds/Kconfig?h=v4.19
--
config LEDS_SYSCON
	bool "LED support for LEDs on system controllers"

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/drivers/hid/Kconfig?h=v4.19#n548
--
config LOGIWHEELS_FF
	bool "Logitech wheels configuration and force feedback support"
	depends on HID_LOGITECH
	select INPUT_FF_MEMLESS
	default LOGITECH_FF
	help
	  Say Y here if you want to enable force feedback and range setting(*)
	  support for following Logitech wheels:
	  - Logitech G25 (*)
	  - Logitech G27 (*)
	  - Logitech G29 (*)