Re: ELAN Touchpad double finger tap problem (on Asus ROG laptop)

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 10:54 AM Peter Hutterer
<peter.hutterer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> fwiw, xev is a number of layers removed from the kernel, any of which can
> affect it. Tapping isn't something that the kernel handles, it's all in
> userspace - libinput or xf86-input-synaptics usually.
>
> I suggest reproducing the issue with libinput debug-events and going
> through the list here:
> https://wayland.freedesktop.org/libinput/doc/latest/reporting-bugs.html

I would agree, however, keeping every other parameter the same, by
just switching the kernel, the behavior of the tap changes. Simply I
just don't know how the userspace tap handling gets affected from
changing the kernel version back and forth 4.14 and 4.18. Perhaps the
exposed HID interfaces have changed? BTW, my desktop environment setup
is running on plain old X11, not Wayland.

Regards,
M.K.