Re: Input issues in current -git?

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 9:52 AM Dmitry Torokhov
<dmitry.torokhov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> OK, I see it, it is busted conversion to struct_size(). The macro
> expects that the array is an array of pointers, whereas in input leds
> helper we have an array of real structs, and struct_size() calculates
> too small size for them.

Which one exactly?

> I'd recommend reverting commit acafe7e30216 ("treewide: Use
> struct_size() for kmalloc()-family") as used Coccinelle scripts seem
> to be too greedy.

Ugh. Then we'll just end up re-doing it later.

I think it might be better to try to find the coccinelle bug, and then
in a private tree do a "revert, reapply using fixed coccielle script,
then generate inter-diff".

That way we'd have less humongous big patches (just one, rather than
three: orig, revert, new) in history that people actually see, and it
will be easier to see what the problem was anyway.

But yes, we want to find the script bug first, because fixing just one
place and leaving other potential wrongly auto-converted places is not
wonderful, and then the revert would be preferred.

Kees?

                   Linus