On gamepad enumeration (Re: Brighter RGB values for Orange/Teal/White.)

Hi,
>> fwiw, the brightness difference was discovered while working on
>>
>> https://salsa.debian.org/debian/joystick/merge_requests/1
>>
>> which is an attempt to show the joystick device number with
>> different gamepads. (Debian's current implementation only
>> supports PS3 gamepad.)
>>
>> My patch here wants to send the brighter colors upstream back
>> to the hid-sony driver.
>
> This is neat. Do you have any plans to make this available in an
> upstream package of some sorts, like systemd, so we can eventually
> remove the dualshock4_set_leds_from_id()-type hacks in the kernel,
> amongst other things?

I'm not exactly sure where is the right place for this type of
gamepad enumeration display.

1) in the kernel

2) in systemd

3) in a distribution specific configuration add-on package

Right now, in Debian, it's 3), but yeah, that somehow feels wrong.

My gut feeling is that 2) is wrong, too, as the enumeration display
is driver specific, so I would try to add a number display api call
to game input drivers and do 1).

But I'm new to this, so please do tell me if that's the right
avenue to choose.

(First, let's get hid-bigbenff ready for acceptance.)

Kind regards,

Hanno