Re: PROBLEM: ASUS GU501GM Elantech touchpad not detected

> What does "cat /proc/interrupts" show? I'm confused is the spamming instance I2C host controller, intel-gpio or what.
>
> My quick guess would be misconfigured GPIO interrupt from touchpad that goes active once touchpad is initialized over I2C and i2c_hid driver > initializes the irq. But what I failed to understand why it keeps coming after battery removal and reverting to old kernel where I2C communication with the touchpad wasn't working.

I don't have the laptop with me any more (I returned it to Best Buy
before it's return window ran out, since it seemed bricked).  However,
/proc/interrupts was showing a disturbingly high number of interrupts
for the intel-gpio for i2c.  I am actually wondering if the interrupts
were there all along, but at a lower rate before I applied the patch,
such that I did not notice any adverse effects to the CPU cores.