Re: ASUS G752VS Touchpad does not work

Dear Linux kernel developers,
with a hope that this message can somehow help finding the definitive and complete solution, I'm writing to inform you about some important news regarding Asus G752 laptop series and a long standing ELAN touchpad issue (touchpad "ELAN1203:00 04F3:3043" completely dead).

Some people reported in 2017 that installing a "suspicious" file under Windows solves the ELAN touchpad Linux problem too:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?93405-G-752-VS-Touchpad-Gesture-Fix
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1653456/comments/130
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1653456/comments/134
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1653456/comments/144
After a long time thinking, I didn't want to take a risk since the mentioned Windows file is "suspicious".

Now the big news is that after executing a few simple commands, ELAN touchpad is miraculously awaken from death and it starts partially functioning.
If you have some free time, please take a look here:
comment 152 https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1653456

Best regards.