Re: HID: asus: Add T100CHI bluetooth keyboard dock touchpad support

Hans: I replied to the l.i. mailing list yesterday regarding your July
patches for the Asus T100CHI in the 4.14 kernel but accidentally left
you off the CC list, so I'm following up now.

This is on a T300CHI - the HID report descriptor looks identical to the
T100CHI and the report descriptor fix-up enables the special function keys.

I've confirmed that even after powering off the Bluetooth Dock it
remains in multi-touch mode and therefore has no functionality when
booting with an earlier kernel where mouse mode is expected.

I did quite a few experiments and permutations powering it off and on
again including after booting into the earlier kernel and entering the GUI.

I eventually found a way to force it to reset: running hid-recorder and
turning the dock off whilst doing some multi-touch action!

This also allowed me to confirm that on the earlier kernels (pre v4.14),
in 'mouse' mode, single finger singe/double taps on the touchpad
(anywhere on it's surface) work as single/double-click mouse actions,
including the separate right-button-area tap usually used for context menu.

So it seems like there are two bugs here:

1) driver needs to put the touchpad back into mouse mode on exit

2) single-finger taps need to be handled as position-sensitive mouse
clicks (left or right button).

Let me know if you need any additional debugging/data capture.

The information in my earlier email is still pertinent: