Re: Support for additional properties in touchscreen.h

Hi Gregor,

On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 6:34 AM, Gregor Riepl <onitake@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was discussing jitter problems with a Silead touchscreen user today.
> This is a general issue that should be solved on the hardware or firmware
> level, but as we don't have a way to modify either for Silead controllers, I
> was thinking that there might be a way to apply interpolation in the driver.
>
> input_set_abs_params has fuzz and flat parameters, perhaps these can be used
> for that purpose? Is there a better way to do interpolation?
>
> Would it make sense to add corresponding jitter_x and jitter_y parameters to
> include/linux/input/touchscreen.h ?

The fuzz (smoothing the output coordinates) is done in input core and
the touchscreen properties parsing code already handles
touchscreen-fuzz-x and touchscreen-fuzz-y parameters. The only thing
that is needed is to pass these parameters through DT or ACPI or
static properties, based on particular device.

Thanks.

--
Dmitry