Re: Silead DMI driver

On Mon, 2017-04-24 at 13:23 +0200, Jean Delvare wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking at drivers/platform/x86/silead_dmi.c which is being added
> to kernel v4.11 and I do not like what I see.

I don't like it either by some other reasons.

> I have to say I don't understand the whole complexity of the design.
> As
> I understand it, the properties which are being added are only
> consumed
> by the "silead" touchscreen driver. I see no necessity to add the
> missing properties before that driver is even loaded. Can't you just
> look for the ACPI companion device at the time the silead driver tries
> to bind to the i2c device, and add the missing properties before
> performing the actual probe? This would be so much simpler. What am I
> missing?

As far as I understand it would be as simple as adding a quirk in actual
driver (touchscreen), but there is strong objection of adding quirks to
the drivers/input/* from Dmitry as I noticed during discussion [1] about
GPIO ACPI library fixes I'm working on.

[1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2017/4/4/593

--
Andy Shevchenko <andriy.shevchenko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>