Help with confirming an error trace in drivers/input/touchscreen/ad7879-spi.c

Hi there,

My name is Shaobo He and I am a graduate student at University of Utah. I am applying a static analysis tool to the Linux device drivers and got an error trace of null pointer dereference in drivers/input/touchscreen/ad7879-spi.c staring from `ad7879_spi_multi_read`: it calls `ad7879_spi_xfer` with the argument `tx_buf` being NULL, which gets dereferenced at line 52 given the argument `count` being 1. As you can see, the error trace is only plausible since it depends on certain conditions. To be more specific, is it possible for the count argument to be 1. Therefore, I was wondering if you could help me confirm it since you are one of the authors of this driver.

Thanks for your time. I am looking forward to your reply.

Best,
Shaobo