Re: uinput really needs a custom sleep time?

On Fri, Feb 03, 2017 at 08:19:16AM +1000, Peter Hutterer wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 12:00:40AM -0200, Marcos Paulo de Souza wrote:
> > Hi input guys,
> >
> > after playing with uinput, it seems an sleep call is necessary before
> > emitting new events. If this really required?
> >
> > While reading code of cwiid project, another user of uinput interface, it
> > seems this sleep time isn't necessary[1].
> >
> > In the other hang, when trying to send a simple event in my desktop, an
> > sleep is necessary, take a look in my example[2].
> >
> > Another interesting fact: kernel documentation lacks of an uinput example.
> > Do you think this would be interesting to have one?
>
> I'm obviously biased but imo you should really use libevdev for uinput
> devices, it makes things a lot easier. Example is here:
> https://www.freedesktop.org/software/libevdev/doc/latest/group__uinput.html
>
> it also makes any sleep calls obsolete because it won't return until the
> device node is available.

I created another example[1], basically converting my uinput code now using
libevdev, but it doesn't work as it should...

Am I missing something, or forgetting to set some bit?

Thanks.

[1]
https://github.com/marcosps/kernel_experiments/blob/master/userspace/evdev.c