Re: Sony Vaio Duo 11: getting middle mouse button to work

Hi,

I'm hijacking on that very old conversation you had here:
http://linux-input.vger.kernel.narkive.com/78cpvzuC/sony-vaio-duo-11-getting-middle-mouse-button-to-work

I took Wireshark dumps of the USB traffic when the Windows configuration tools switches between "use middle button for scroll" and "send middle button as button 2" (they're not named like this, but that's what they do). I also have a second dump of enabling and disabling "touch trackpoint to send mouse button 1". I can see that there is a clear key/value mapping. I don't know anything about HID or USB (or Wireshark), but it seems like the *device* is sending different values back to the *host* when these settings are changed.

Anyway, is there a way I can "decrypt" this and write either a usespace helper or write or amend a kernel driver to be able to switch those two options in Linux? Or did I miss something in my capture? Those were taken with Wireshark 2.0.

Thanks,

Stefan