Re: New HID++ 2.0 mouse, Logitech G602

Hi Marty,

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 10:32 AM, Marty Plummer <netz.kernel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Greetings
>         Your name seems to come up most frequently in regards to the various
> logitech kernel modules, and I figured I should ping you regarding it.
>
> The Logitech G602 mouse apparently speaks the HID++ 2.0 protocol, and supports
> on-device remapping of its 11 buttons to either standard 'mouse' buttons or
> keyboard keys, plus a few custom functions related to the mouse itself (dpi
> control and other things), however these can only be easily remapped using the
> official Logitech software on windows (and maybe mac), so I'm interested in
> better kernel support for this device.

We are actually working on a user-space library to handle programmable
mice, and this include the HID++ 2.0 devices. Feel free to have a look
at libratbag[1]. We even have a gui for it[2] (well, not so sure it
will work completely).

I think with latest master branch, the G602 should work out of the box
for remapping buttons (you can use the CLI tool ratbag-command).

> Don't misunderstand, the device is pretty solid in usage already, but I find
> the need to boot a vm just for the sake of tweaking it to be a bit exasperating.
> I've been doing a bit of reverse engineering on the device already and would
> be glad to provide any information you may require for full support of
> the device.

Yes, we know it can be exasperating, and that's why we started libratbag :)

Cheers,
Benjamin

[1] https://github.com/libratbag/libratbag
[2] https://github.com/libratbag/piper