Re: Re: Chipone icn85xx support in x86 linux kernel

Hi Gregor:

>In particular, a new driver should be a patch against the respective kernel
>branch, which means it should live in the appropriate directory in the kernel
>tree and include an addendum to the Kconfig/Makefile there. Standalone
>Makefiles are nice when building drivers out-of-tree, but they are not
>suitable for kernel code.

Yep, agree but:

Without proprietary firmware touch will be not working!
Also there is doubts -  we have discussed this here
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-input/msg43564.html - I could not
say at the moment that this Chipone original code because due absence
of full specs -  I have ported and modified and rewrote driver code,
as "specs" I've used mentioned before rk3128 driver.
So thats why it is standalone, not sure that it ever been added to mainline.

Will be happy if someone clear this moment, licencing is tricky moment.

Regards,
               Serge.