Re: Chipone icn85xx support in x86 linux kernel

> Actually I am not sure if I have waked up chip, BUT at the same I am
> stabile receive something on i2c-3 0x30.
> This looks like in DSDT ACPI and by analogy with Chuwi vi8 again is a
> shift on Baytrail -1 on i2cbus.
> The problem is - why I am receiving each time different values for
> reading the same addresses on i2c bus?
> I mean if I read 0xa address (should be 0x85 - the major version of
> the chip) - I receive each time new values but not 0x85! see my posts
> with test results.
>
> HOW IT COULD BE  POSSIBLE SO?

> Also from android - the only TS module is loaded and present is
> atmel_mxt_ts - nm g shows

Well.... Perhaps you have one of those Atmel maXTouch chips after all?

Have you looked inside your tablet to confirm this?

The mXT most likely has a different protocol/memory map than the icn85xx.
If you can find a data sheet, you may be able to read the respective
identification registers.

Also, keep in mind that a loaded module does not necessarily mean you have the
corresponding hardware. There could be a user space driver that handles touch
on Android.

Or perhaps... You have a totally different chip.
Are you sure that all icnxxxx devices use the same memory map?