Re: logitech HID driver is not probing

On Sat, February 13, 2016 11:58 am, Grazvydas Ignotas wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have a gamepad [1] that requires quirks from hid-lg.c to work
> correctly. However for whatever reason the logitech driver is not probing
> and I'm getting hid-generic assigned to it instead. When I plug the device
> in, hid_logitech module is correctly autoloaded but it never probes
> (hid-generic does it instead).

It's listed as supported by 'hid-lg.c'
--
simon@retrobox:~/linux-git/drivers/hid$ grep
USB_DEVICE_ID_LOGITECH_DUAL_ACTION *.[ch]
USB_DEVICE_ID_LOGITECH_DUAL_ACTION),

--

but not included in hid-core as having a special driver
--
/*
 * A list of devices for which there is a specialized driver on HID bus.
 *
 * Please note that for multitouch devices (driven by hid-multitouch driver),
 * there is a proper autodetection and autoloading in place (based on
presence
 * of HID_DG_CONTACTID), so those devices don't need to be added to this
list,
 * as we are doing the right thing in hid_scan_usage().
 *
 * Autodetection for (USB) HID sensor hubs exists too. If a collection of
type
 * physical is found inside a usage page of type sensor, hid-sensor-hub
will be
 * used as a driver. See hid_scan_report().
 */
static const struct hid_device_id hid_have_special_driver[] = {

Perhaps that's something to do with confusion. Do you have the ability to
add and rebuild kernel to test?

Simon