Re: adding xpad support for PS-PC Smart Joypad

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 6:43 PM, Dmitry Torokhov
<dmitry.torokhov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Allen,
>
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 9:42 AM, Allen M. <ase1592@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hello, I have a Playstation 1 to USB device I'd like to request to be added
>> as an xpad supported device. verbose lsusb output for the device can be
>> found here: http://ix.io/nq3
>>
>> The device currently works fine as a generic joystick. However, it needs
>> the MAP_DPAD_AS_BUTTONS option in order for it to be used with a dance pad.
>> Let me know if I need to do anything further or if I need to provide more
>> info for the device.
>
> This looks like a generic HID device, not Xbox device, so xpad driver
> would be wrong one to add it to. Can you have UDEV rule to remap
> buttons form userspace when the device is discovered, similarly to
> what we do for keyboards?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Dmitry

Can UDEV remap a joystick axis to buttons? I wasn't aware it had that
ability. Currently I cannot simultaneously hit the left and right buttons
on the dance pad, as that simply does not work for an axis-mapped device.

I'll look into how keyboards are handled though, thanks!