uinput on headless system ...

Hello ... I've been searching around the web for a specific mailing list for the uinput driver but couldn't find any. I managed to create an example app that injects keyboard events to the running linux kernel succesfully when I have a keyboard attached to the computer. However if I run it on a keyboardless machine, like a standalone motherboard, the uinput device fails to open.

Any thoughts on this? or can you redirect me to an ongoing mailing list about the kernel input system

Thanks in advance ...