Re: ALPS v7 trackpad passthrough to Thinkpad trackpoint

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 8:25 PM, Vadim Klishko <vadim@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> OK, got it. It may take some time.

Just to make sure: are you saying that there definitely is some
incantation for v7 devices that the Linux driver doesn't know about
and that will allow sending commands directly to the trackpoint? If
so, that's awesome! From looking at the commit log for the alps
driver, it looks like ALPS people have been helping out a bit
recently, which is a great trend. Releasing the full spec would be the
ultimate gesture of good-will to the open-source community. If that
happens, I'll be happy for whatever small part I played in making it
happen.

However, for impatient people (such as me), I'm wondering whether it
would be possible to reveal specifically the passthrough incantation
in advance of the full spec, assuming it is not too complex. I know
how involved it can be to release hardware specs, and I'm anxious to
try some of this out.

Thanks!

Ari