Re: ALPS DualPoint double click bug

Hi,

On 25-07-15 16:07, Douglas Christman wrote:
On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 5:31 AM, Hans de Goede <hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On 22-07-15 17:08, Benjamin Tissoires wrote:

Douglas, can you please make a recording of your touchpad/trackstick
with ps2emu-record?
Download it from https://github.com/Lyude/ps2emu , compile it and run
it as root:
- once the touchpad gets re-initialized:
- click once, wait a few seconds
- click twice, wait a few seconds
- click three times, wait few seconds
- use the touchpad a bit, wait a few secs
- use the trackstick (and its buttons) a bit
- Ctrl-C

And send us the resulting file ps2emu_record.txt that will be created
in the current directory.

Can you also confirm that your laptop has a trackstick as seen on
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834114551 ?

Douglas,

Can you please also make an evemu recording (install evemu, run
evemu-record)
of clicking of the 4 buttons? PLease make 1 recording per button click.

Also can you confirm that reverting commit 92bac83dd79e on an otherwise
unmodified 4.1 kernel fixes things for you ?

Regards,

Hans

I've uploaded all of my recordings to
https://github.com/dobyrch/alps-recordings.  I made recordings on both
kernel versions, as indicated by the "good" or "bad" suffix.

Thanks.

Benjamin, I can confirm that my touchpad looks just like the one in
the picture--four buttons and a trackstick.

While making these recordings, I discovered another strange behavior.
The two lower mouse buttons do not trigger any mouse events when
clicked on their own.  However, If I click one of the top mouse
buttons followed by a lower mouse button, it triggers a press event
(but no release) for all three mouse buttons--left, right, and middle
(even though I don't have a middle mouse button).

Hans, I'll have to double-check that reverting 92bac on v4.1 fixes
things.  When I have a chance to recompile I'll let you know the
outcome.

OK, please let me know soon, I would like to get to the bottom
of this, and knowing the exact commit causing the problem will
help a lot.

Regards,

hans