Using gpio_keys with regmapped gpio?

Hi,

I have a SPI gpio expander chip that is using the regmap framework. There are some pushbuttons that I'd like to use the gpio_keys framework for but only the first button press creates an input event.

It seems like my problem occurs because I'm only getting events on a button press. The input_get_disposition() function toggles a local copy of the button state [__change_bit(code, dev->key);] in the input.c file. I think this function also needs to be called when the button is released to toggle the dev->key state and re-arm for the next button press.

I tried enabling autorepeat but that causes an infinite loop in the input_repeat_key() function.

In both cases, it seems like the button press condition must be cleared when the button is released. This seems like it should be common for all GPIOs so I'm probably missing something.

Which brings up my next question. Can the gpio_keys framework be used with a regmapped gpio? I haven't been able to find any examples of gpio_keys with an external gpio expander and maybe this isn't valid usage.

Thanks,

Thor