Input: atmel_mxt_ts - don't always download device config?

Hi Nick,

being new to the atmel_mxt_ts and starting to work with it, we wonder if it's really necessary to download the device config [1] at each driver start up?

I've been told that technically each device config download does mean the configuration data is flashed to the device. I.e. it's stored persistently, even at power loss.

This would mean that it would be sufficient to check for the device config already existing/flashed to the device. And only doing the download in case this isn't done already.

Is this understanding correct? What do you think?

Many thanks and best regards

Dirk

[1] https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/drivers/input/touchscreen/atmel_mxt_ts.c?id=50a77c658b80e7e3303e3bcec195b30e2b62d513