Re: [eGalax] no click events with touchscreen

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 5:20 PM, Gavin Lambert <gavinl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 9 January 2015 04:17, you quoth:
>> So here, everything seems fine except for the tracking ID and the BTN_TOUCH.
>> The kernel does not sends the touch begin and touch end information, thus the
>> device is not working :(
>>
>> Can you compile and install hid-recorder from http://bentiss.github.io/hid-
>> replay-docs/ ?
>> I would need a hid-record of your touchscreen so I can figure out why the
>> kernel does not handle it properly.
>
> Attached.  (Sent off-list to avoid spamming uninterested parties with the file; please feel free to reply on-list if you prefer.)
>
> During the recording, I made one touch and release to the centre of the screen, waited about three seconds, then did a staggered two-point multitouch (touch left, touch right, release left, release right).  Just in case both scenarios are useful to you.

Well, unfortunately, when I first read your bug report, I missed that
you are using one of the most buggy touchscreen available.
Egalax still tries to reuse the product id 0001 for *many* different
touchscreens. Some are multitouch, some are not.
With all this mess, it is impossible to figure out which way to go and
write something upstream about it :(

Anyway, given your hid outputs, if you run the following command
before plugging your touchscreen (at boot is a good idea), you should
be fine:
# echo 3 0eef 0001 16 > /sys/bus/hid/drivers/hid-multitouch/new_id

*BUT* the outputs show only _one_ touch when you said you made 2.

I must also say that this device presents itself as a Win8 certified
one whereas it is clearly not following the spec. So my best advice
would be to send it back to the store, and buy another one :(

> Not sure if this is significant, but when it was asking for the hidraw device it only listed one device for the touchscreen; it did not have a second "Pen" device as exists at the /dev/input/eventN level.

Yeah, that's expected. The second input node is created by looking at
the report descriptors and the splitting is done in hid-multitouch.

Cheers,
Benjamin