qt2160: applying settings

Hello!
My work task now is related with AT42QT2160 [1] chip, that has qt2160
driver in linux kernel.

There is some settings of this chip, that is required to be set to
registers during initialization or at runtime.

These settings are totally unimplemented in current driver. For example
this are registers 12, 13, 20, 38-53, 54-69.

Registers 38-69 are related to calibration, that is required to be
passed on initialization, and 12 is related to power saving, and need to
be changed at runtime.

Of course, I can just write a hack for my purposes, but I want to solve
it in a rightful (and upstream applicable) way.

I suppose that initialization parameters should be passed in a kinda
platform data and that what is need to be set at runtime should go as a
sysfs node.

Could you please hint me the right way?

[1]
http://www.atmel.com/Images/Atmel-9502-AT42-QTouch-BSW-AT42QT2160_Datasheet.pdf