Re: Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Type Cover keyboard

On Fri, 24 Oct 2014, Jarrad Whitaker wrote:

> The keyboard on the Surface Pro 3 type cover does not function without
> some patching, similar to what was apparently required for the SP2
> type/touch covers.
>
> A working patch against 3.16 attached, it's an amalgamation of "some
> dude posted this on the ubuntu/arch forums and it seems to work" so
> I'm making no claims that it's kernel-quality! Just trying to give a
> better indication of what needs to be added. My C is rudimentary and
> my knowledge of the kernel limited to 'fakeroot debian/rules
> updateconfigs', sorry. :)
> Happy to test any improved version, but note I only have a type, not a
> touch cover.
>
> Patch source is
> http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-install-linux-on-surface-pro-3/, which
> in turn sources a Russian site.

Hi,

thanks. Adding Alan Wu to CC, who sent me a slightly different patch for
this issue -- see the archives of linux-input list from a few days back.

Your patch is missing at least Signed-off-by: line, and also seems to lack
the update to hid_have_special_driver[].

Could you two guys please cooperate and send me a patch that should be
applied? I don't have the device so can't really test properly myself.

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs