Re: ASUS N550JK Touchpad recognized wrongly as PS/2 mouse

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 1:56 PM, Hans de Goede <hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 10/20/2014 05:38 PM, Benjamin Tissoires wrote:
>> Hi Carla,
>>
>> just FYI, I have the same laptop model than you, and can reproduce
>> your bug report in the same way. I'll work on that to make it working
>> properly.
>>
>> Hans, (unfortunately,) this laptop has a ETD0105 touchpad from Elan.
>> That means that we do not have the X550 touchpad in house, but also
>> means that we should be able to get in working faster than the X550
>> one :)
>
> Ok, so 2 things:
>
> 1) On the ETD0105 touchpad not working, does the kernel you're using
> already have this patch ? :
>
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/drivers/input/mouse/elantech.c?id=271329b3c798b2102120f5df829071c211ef00ed

I tried the RHEL 6.6 kernel (the only I had on a usb disk handy at that time).
The Fedora 21 snapshot (3.17.0) makes it detected properly :)

However, landing 8 fingers on the touchpad makes it completely lost
(waiting few seconds without touching it is enough to get it back
alive).

> If not, try that, if it does, it may need some tweaks to that patch,
> or something similar.
>
> 2) On not having an X550 style touchpad, I got a report from a user
> in the bugzilla tracking that, telling us that he is busy reverse
> engineering the protocol, and is making good progress, so that one
> should hopefully get sorted out soon-ish too :)

I saw that on the bug too. Hopefully, it will work out well.

Cheers,
Benjamin