Re: HID: wacom: regression - system freezes when resuming from S3 suspend

On Thu, 25 Sep 2014, Jonas Jelten wrote:

> I have no idea about the reasons yet, however my kernel indeed panics 10
> seconds after resume from S3. During the 10 seconds, the on-suspend X
> screen is visible, but frozen (no mouse/keyboard input) and no sysrqs
> are possible. After the 10s passed, I see old tty1 framebuffer parts
> from the init system log, the kernel seems to have paniced as the
> capslock led starts blinking, but I can't see any backtrace.

Is there any way you could setup serial console or at least netconsole on
that system?

> I could not test whether "HID: wacom: fix timeout on probe for some
> wacoms" fixes the panic, as it does not apply for 3.17-rc6.

Just compiling for-3.18/wacom branch of

	git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jikos/hid.git

should be enough.

I still fail to see how this would be fixing any panic, so either there is
a very strange race condition somewhere, or this is a different problem
that still needs to be solved.

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina