Re: TSC2004 driver

On 6 August 2014 21:37, Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> On Tue, Aug 05, 2014 at 12:06:40PM -0500, Michael Welling wrote:
>> The TSC2004 driver has yet to appear in the mainline kernel. We have
>> been using the driver referenced here as provided by TI:
>>
>> https://www.mail-archive.com/linux-omap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg22018.html
>>
>> Are there any plans of supporting this device in the mainline kernel?
>
> I still believe that support for TSC2004 should be added 5to tsc2007, they are
> too much alike to be separate drivers.

I tried to add tsc2004 support to the tsc2007 driver but I didn't
really get it to work properly because the tsc2007 interrupt handling
differs from what tsc2004 needs.

I think it would be better to add tsc2004 support to the tsc2005
driver. They only difference between those two chips is the interface
(i2c vs spi). If regmap was added to tsc2005 I think it should be easy
to support tsc2004.

>> Mysteriously a device tree entry was found in the following file:
>> arch/arm/boot/dts/omap4-var-som-om44.dtsi
>>
>> This is obviously pointing to an out of tree driver that is not easily
>> obtained.

I have patches that add tsc2004 support to the tsc2007 driver, but I
really can't recommend them. The interrupt handling is broken so for
each touch event the chip needs to be software reset...

The driver you posted a link to above also has flaw btw.

regards
Joachim Eastwood