GPIO-muxed inputs

Hi,

I have a custom board which has 2 DIP switches connected to some GPIOs. I think I could use gpio_tilt_polled to generate proper input events. But the twist here is, that those switches uses the same GPIOs but are muxed by an additional GPIO. I'm wondering how this can be solved. An idea would be to add i2c-mux like "bus" where each input device is connected to. I think this way you can block "users" of the muxing GPIO before they can switch that.
Is this a proper way to go? How should (optional feature) should be integrated? Any other ideas?

Best regards,
Alexander