Problem with detecting Elantech touchpad

Hi,

I'm facing an issue with the Elantech touchpad in my Gigabyte P34G laptop. I mentioned this in one of the Elantech touchpad bugs in bugzilla.kernel.org and I was asked to send a mail about the issue to this address. The problem is that occasionally the touchpad is simply not detected at bootup. I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 with kernel 3.13.0-29. (Had the same issue with previous versions as well)

This exact problem has been described very well by a gentleman on: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=174217 (I can provide fresh logs if required)

I would appreciate it if you could help in resolving this issue.

Thanks,
Anish.