Is the hid-multitouch default driver for multitouch screen ?

Hi,

I was under the impression that in recent kernel (I am testing on 3.8)
hid-multitouch
is the default driver for touchscreen. And I found one case that there is this
RNDPLUS PulseIR Touchscreen pid/vid 2512:5004 defaults to generic-usb driver.

If you search
"HID-Multitouch Kernel Driver Installation for Android OS IDSPulse"
there is a setup document shows one need to add its pid/vid to
hid_have_special_driver[]
list so it will pick up hid-multitouch.  Do we still need to do that
in recent kernel ?

Thanks,

Yufeng Shen