Re: [Dell Inspiron 17R SE 7720] Synaptics touchpad recognized as PS/2 Generic Mouse

On 23-12-2013 19:47, Kevin Cernekee wrote:
On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 10:20 AM, Robert van Geerenstein <info@xxxxxxx> wrote:
My touchpad is detected as a PS/2 Generic Mouse on my Dell Inspiron 7720
(17R SE).
It only has the functionality of a generic mouse (movement, left clik, right
click) and no scrolling or multitouch.
Hmm, doesn't this laptop have an ALPS Dolphin V2 touchpad (not Synaptics)?

Tommy and Justin were working on this a while back.  There are a few
patches in the list archives that you could try out.  I believe
they're mostly ready for merging except for one remaining issue with
the trackstick.

Hmm, looks like you're right. :/
Didn't even notice after all this time, guess back when I made the bugreport on launchpad I was all over the place trying to get it to work.

I'll go ahead and see if I can find anything in the archives that might get it to work.

Good to hear they're mostly ready for merging though.