kernel panic on gpio-keys

Hi there,

I am trying to use the gpio-keys driver to inject joystick events.
There seems to be some basic support of it, looking at <linux/gpio_keys.h>.

However, registering the following will trigger a kernel panic in the kernel:

static struct gpio_keys_button my_buttons[] {
	{
		.gpio = GPIO_FOO,
		.type = EV_ABS,
		.code = ABS_HAT0X,
		.value = 1,
	},
};

(tested on kernel 3.12).

I don't know well the input subsystem, so I have no idea of what is going wrong. Could anybody try to at least reproduce the issue?

Regards.