Re: [Patch] Fix for so that recent Elantech touchpads are recognized as such

On 11/29/2013 01:00 AM, Matt Walker wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Attached is a patch for drivers/input/mouse/elantech.c.  It allows
> recent Elantech touchpads to be detected.  I have tested it on the
> touchpad that comes with the Acer Aspire S7-392 (released ~August
> 2013)
>
> I figure it could be backported with little effort and no danger,
> since all it does it add one to the number of values that were
> previously recognized as valid "firmware version numbers".
>
> Begin Patch:
> 1315a1316
>>         case 8:
> End Patch
>
> Best,
> Matt

This is not a patch, I do not know what you want to do.

This is the documentation for hacking on backprts:
https://backports.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Documentation/backports/hacking

This is the guideline for patch submission to the linux kernel which
mostly also applies for backports:
https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/SubmittingPatches

Hauke