Re: About the PS3 Sixaxis linux driver

On Mon, 4 Nov 2013 15:37:30 -0500 (EST)
Benjamin Tissoires <btissoir@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Marc,
>
> (adding in CC the linux-input mailing list)
>
> Regarding your problem I vaguely remember something about not having duplicated axis with the buttons. My memory is rather confuse about this, so I may be wrong (but others on the list may have a fresher memory).
> Other than that, if only one axis is not working, then it is definitively a bug...

The problem with the left D-PAD should be the one I talk about here:
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-input/msg16881.html

Basically the keycode is a multi-touch one and it gets discarded being
the device not a MT one.

I was told the hack I came up with is not OK for mainline, but people
can apply it locally for the time being.

> I'll try to add this to my todo list, but I can not guarantee anything soon. If someone else can confirm and fix this, I'll be happy.

Will remapping just the faulty keycode be enough?

Actually I intended to rewrite the whole HID descriptor and add a sane
mapping for all the buttons (maybe following the Gamepad API and
even using the new ABS_ACCEL_* and ABS_GYRO_* events from David
Hermann).

I may try to do some work along these lines myself in the next weeks
but I cannot promise an ETA either.

Marc, if you need the latest BlueZ patches for pairing the sixaxis for
BT operation just let me know.

Ciao,
   Antonio

> Cheers,