Re: WPC8769L (WEC1020) support in winbond-cir?

Hi Tom,

Em Mon, 14 Oct 2013 15:16:20 +0200
Tom Gundersen <teg@xxxxxxx> escreveu:

> Hi David and Juan,
>
> I'm going through the various out-of-tree LIRC drivers to see if we
> can stop shipping them in Arch Linux [0]. So far it appears we can
> drop all except for lirc_wpc8769l [1] (PnP id WEC1020).

Please copy the Linux Media ML to all Remote Controller drivers. There's
where we're discussing those drivers. No need to c/c linux-input.

Yeah, both lirc_atiusb and lirc_i2c were now obsoleted by upstream
non-staging drivers. I suggest to just drop it from Arch Linux.

Not sure about lirc_wpc8769l. David/Sean/Juan can have a better view.

Btw, there are also a number of lirc staging drivers under
drivers/staging/media/lirc/. We'd love some help trying to convert them
to use the rc core, moving them out of staging.

> I noticed the comment in windownd-cir [2]:
>
>  *  Currently supports the Winbond WPCD376i chip (PNP id WEC1022), but
>  *  could probably support others (Winbond WEC102X, NatSemi, etc)
>  *  with minor modifications.
>
> What are your thoughts on adding support for WEC1020 upstream? Is
> anyone interested in doing this work (I sadly don't have the correct
> device, so can't really do it myself)?

> Cheers,
>
> Tom
>
> [0]: <https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2013-October/025541.html>