Re: PROBLEM: XPS 12-9Q33 touchpad not recognized, problem with i2c_hid module

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you very much for your response.

ok, this is something which was expected to happen at some point (at
least which does not surprise me :-P ).

Is HID over i2c something new, only found in newer 'ultrabooks'?

The solution is to write a proper driver for the Synaptics i2c-hid
touchpad, when in HID mode. I started doing this some months ago, and
I will have to ping Synaptics again to this extend.

If there is anything I can contribute to, let me know. I'm not a kernel dev with any C experience, but I am a developer using Linux 10+ years. The least I can do is test the bunch :-)

However, I will not be able to do anything before Nov. 1st.

That's fine, of course. Is there a way for me to follow progress on this issue, e.g. bug tracker? Do you want me to take action?

Again thank you for your time.

Wouter